27 October, 2006

The bit where I explain myself

This is the beginning of an ambitious project for me... ambitious because I tend to live in short-attention-span theater most of the time, and the idea of taking a photo a day for a year is daunting. Daunting enough, actually, that I think I'll try it for a month and see how it goes.

The goal is to have a damn good excuse here in grad school to get my head out of my rear and start paying attention to the world around me, and to have a reason to be beholden to my camera again, which has, sadly, been sorely neglected over the past 15 months, with the odd exception of the occasional wedding to help pay the bills. But I miss seeing life that way, through a lens, framed in 35mm proportions. So, hey, I don't promise brilliant photography here but I do promise to try to dish up a bit of my LA life, and more often than not, try to find an interesting perspective on it.

If I took more than one a day, you can find 'em here, on Flickr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home